論自知(Self –Knowledge)

紀伯倫(Kahlil Gibran)     |心譯

 

於是一個男人說 : 請給我們講自知。

And a man said, “Speak to us of self –Knowledge.”

他回答說 :

And he answered, saying:

在寧靜中,你的心知道了白日和黑夜的奧秘。

Your hearts know in silence the secrets of the days and the nights.

但你的耳朵渴求聽取你心的知識的聲音。

But your ears thirst for the sound of your heart’s knowledge.

你常在意念中所了解的,你愿能從語言中知道。

You would know in worlds that which you have always know in thought.

你愿能用手指去撫觸你的赤裸的夢魂。

You would touch with your fingers the naked body of your dreams.

你要這樣是好的。

And it is well you should.

你心靈隱秘的湧部A必須升溢,吟唱茤b向大海 ;

The hidden well- spring of your soul must needs rise and run murmuring to the sea.

你無窮深處的寶藏,必須在你目前呈現。

And the treasure of your infinite depths would be revealed to your eyes.

但不要用秤來衡量你未知的珍寶。

But let there be no scales to weigh your unknown treasure ;

也不要用杖竿和鈺a去探測你知識的淺深。

And seek not the depths of your knowledge with staff or sounding line.

因為「自我」乃是一個無邊的海。

For “self” is  a sea boundless and measureless.

不要說 :我找到真理,只要說,我找到了一條真理。

Say not , “I have found the truth,” but rather, “I have found a truth.”

不要說 :我找到了靈魂的道路,只要說,我遇見了靈魂在我的道路上行走。

Say not, “ I have found the path of the soul.” Say rather, I have met the soul walking upon my path.”

因U靈魂在一切道路上行走。

For the soul walks upon all paths.

靈魂不只在一條道上走,也不是蘆草似地生長。

The soul walks not upon a line, neither does it grow like a reed.

靈魂像一糷d瓣的連花,自己開放荂C

The soul unfolds itself, like a lotus of countless petals.

 


 

回到主頁

霎哈嘉瑜珈中文通訊 Sahaja Yoga Chinese Newsletter 14